Please view our Getting Started guide (.pdf) for help setting up an MDR
1. How many video channels does the MDVR have?
H4H= 4 cameras
Hr4pro = 4 Cameras
Hr8pro = 8 Cameras
2. How many audio channels do the DVR’s have?
We always have as many audio
channels as video channels. Example, the Hr8Pro has 8 video inputs and 8
3. What video compression is used?
We currently use h.264 on all the mdvrs
4. Does the Unit have GPS ?
Yes, GPS is built into ever MDVR.
5. Does the MDVR have an accelerometer (G-Forces)?
Yes, the MDVRs have a built-in Inertial Sensor.
6. Is this a Simplex DVR?
No; the MDVR has quadraplex
operation capability for: Recording, Live viewing, Video Search and Playback,
and Remote View, and administration.
7. Do we have user access protection?
Yes; our MDVR is protected with
a two level password, one for administration purposes and the other for
8. Can we display advertisement in our MDVRs?
Yes; the H Series will record and play advertisements at the same time.
9. Can we access the MDVR remotely?
Yes; we can access the MDVR
remotely via wired network, WIFI, or cellular 3g/4g.
10. Does the MDVR allow IP cameras?
Yes; our new MDVRs support IP cameras.
11. How do I setup my MDVR to be accessed with my laptop?
There are two ways to do it;
A) Connecting your MDVR to your network and providing it an IP Address, then using MWM.
B) Connecting the MDVR directly to your laptop, using a crossover cable; then using MWA.
C) Using AutoDownload Server software to automatically pull the footage.
D) Utilize MobileLink software and connect to it remotely via the web.
12. How can I download my data out of the MDVR?
There several ways to download
your data to be analyzed in your PC.
a) Using a USB memory stick
b) Using MWM/MWA over the LAN
c) Using with a removable HDD
d) Using the Autodownload Server for automatic downloading.
E) Using MobileLink with a MDVR in the field
13. Is our MDVR able to control PTZ cameras?
Yes; our MDVR is able to control
PTZ cameras through every video channel. It works with the most popular PTZ
14. Using MWA
(Client Software), can I remotely change the MDVR’s settings?
Yes; using MWA you can remotely
change the MDVR’s settings; as well as format the HDD and restart the unit. Using FleetWitness
you can update the firmware & configuration settings as well.
15. Can the MDVR display the Speed of the vehicle?
Yes; when the MDVR has the GPS
module installed. Or the Speedometer is connected to its correspondent sensor
on the pigtail.
16. Are the recordings protected in some way?
Yes; the files are watermarked and stored in a
proprietary format; which can be open with our software to prove its
17. Can we create small clips of a large recording?
Yes; using MWM/MWA you can create
smaller clips of your recordings in native file format or burn to a DVD.
18. Can we export the data into MPEG/AVI format?
Yes; using MWM/MWA we can export the
files to AVI format
19. What is the power consumption of our MDVR?
It has to be supplied with
12vDC – 5 amps; but when installed with the external DCDC power converter it will work
in a range of 7-28vDC
20. What is the minimum and maximum storage capability?
Using SATA we can go from 32 Gb SD
to 1 Tb 2.5 inch drives.
21. Can we synchronize time with other devices?
Yes; the MDVR can synchronize
it’s time ONCE A DAY with its GPS or some NTP server.
22. Does the MDVR automatically recycle the HDD?
Yes; by default it will
OVERWRITE the HDD once it has a minimum of 2Gb of empty space; but this
parameter is user changeable.
23. How does the MDVR protect the data from vibration?
The MDVR is designed with built
in shock absorbers in the HDD tray. SAY
Security installs high performance and reliable HDDs designed specifically for
24. Does the MDVR work with SSD (Solid State Drives)?
Yes; our MDVR does work with select
25. How do I connect the MDVR to my server using a cellular network?
The H Series have built in
USB Modem support, or a built-in CDMA option.
26. What is the quality and resolution for our MDVRs?
High (D1) 720×480 NTSC and
Medium (HD1) 720×240 NTSC and
Standard (CIF) 360×240 NTSC and
27. Are the video channels independently configured?
No; when you modify the settings
for one channel; the change will apply to the rest.
28. Are you streaming GPS or other metadata together with the video? Do you use a separate
Our platform streams video and
GPS (encrypted) along with other metadata information
29. How many amps can we get from the VDC output on the MDVR?
The MDVR can handle between 3~5 amps.
30. What kind of information can I find in an AVI file (extracted from a .nvr original file)?
The resultant AVI file will have Video + Audio only.
One AVI file will result
per each video channel found on the m65 file; if the MDVR was recording two
video channels; then 2 AVI files will result, one per channel.
31. Can I connect my laptop or PC directly to the MDVR?
Yes; there are two
methods; one is using a router, second using a crossover cable straight to both
RJ45 jacks (in the computer and in the MDVR). Or over WIFI or 3g/4g network.